Wondering what to give your loved one this Valentine’s day? Here’s a wonderful recipe for a chocolate massage oil including real chocolate (Morticia’s recipe from the Shenet forums).
- 85 ml almond/apricot oil
- 15 g cocoa butter
- 5 g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1 ml Vitamin E
- (15-30 drops essential oil)
- Heat up the oil in a double boiler. It needs to be hot enough for the cocoa butter and chocolate to melt.
- If using Vitamin E, stir in when cooler than 40°C.
- The essential oils can be added when the batch is cooler than 30°C.
I’ve never tried this with essential oils, but if you want to experiment, you could try peppermint or orange. Nothing that you would eat with chocolate could go wrong 🙂
If you’re lucky, you can find cocoa butter in ecological or health food shops, or from the Internet. (Ruohonjuuri in Helsinki sell it). If you can’t find cocoa butter, you could try exchanging it for coconut fat, sheabutter or beeswax, but I’ve never tried so I couldn’t promise the results. These ingredients make the oil less runny, only oil can be a bit messy.
Let me know how it went if you tried it out! Good luck and happy Valentine’s!
Oh, and this massage oil doesn’t turn out as chocolatey as the one on the picture. If you’re planning on using the oil on very sensitive areas, it’d be better to leave the essential oils be… It’s also safe to eat, but not very tasty.